Friday, March 11, 2011

Things I am Loving

button2

Things I am loving this week...

♥ My Happy Place

Every Friday morning I take the small troops here....





Heavenly gelato and sorbet eaten in a corner shop watching the world go by.





They give lots of "tastes" so you can decide on your flavour. Rupi gets two tastes each time and this time broke loose and has "Summer Dream" flavour (pavlova flavour) over his usual purple Yogi-Berry flavour. He gets sprinkles on the top but we ditched the little plastic giraffe they usually put on top as he tries to eat it, ha!





If by any chance you are lactose-intolerant we can thoroughly recommend the Mango sorbet. Loved by even the smallest people!




My most "favouritest" person to take is my Mom. I love this woman so much. She is wisdom personified and I ask her all the parenting questions I have saved up over the week. She gets me and the way I am aiming to parent and I am so grateful.




No visit to My Happy Place is complete without a visit to the tiny park at the Library close by. Uh yes, Rupi is sporting another pony tail- with a "poople esastic peez" (purple elastic please)...






 
So if you are ever in Auckland and fancy a visit to the North Shore, go to Birkenhead to this amazing shop. You won't regret it. No they are not paying me, although I would be willing to accept a tub of Hazelnut gelato in exchange for more praise. For sure.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Photobucket

 

8 comments:

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Well I gotta say...great gelato + sharing it with 2 little lovelies = pretty much my perfect happy state too!

meg said...

Oh yummy! So envious of that Mum time, I miss mine a lot since she moved back to Christchurch full time. Hey I gave Simoney a jar for you a while back... hope you got it! x

Kyromaniac said...

That place sounds d'lish! I'm sure if we were still living in Birkenhead we'd be paying a regular visit there :0)

PaisleyJade said...

I have never ever had gelato would you believe! Totally need to get out more. Loving your special place, your mum and your precious kids. xoxo

mountain mama said...

it looks fabulous~

Mel Dehar said...

Love the list!

Penny said...

I feel special to have been there! Yummy yummy

Simoney said...

OK you know what I'm going to say.
Can ya undercover blog this one pleeeease???
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...