Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Closure


After 8 long years of being a patient at my fertility clinic, I went into say good-bye this morning. I graduated- with honors, I mean, have you seen my children!!??

It was super emotional but not the "cry" sort of emotional. Just relieved and a teeny bit sad and so happy. I did 3 rounds of chlomophene, 3 cycles of IVF, one cycle of IVF/ egg donation, had 2 miscarriages, adopted a precious boy, designed their clinic and bore one beautiful girl in those 8 years.

Ignore my facial expression- what the heck?

The staff are amazing. The egg donation nurse (my favorite) told me she still remembers me calling to tell her we had adopted Rupi and seeing him for the first time. They had not met Blossom yet, as I didn't take her along to any of my appointments, so were very happy to see her. The last time they saw her she was only 6 cells big!

These nurses and my doctor have seen us through so much. What a triumph to finally walk in with two amazing children. God is so faithful! So now the door is firmly shut and we end as we began with an appointment. But what a difference! An appointment of joy and fulfillment.




Of course we finished off with a sorbet celebration! Bliss.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Leonie said...

What a beautiful post Sammy!! God has blessed you with such beautiful children, but what a journey you have taken. You are amazing.
I have a friend facing IVF and I wish she could know God and have the faith you do.
xx

Gail said...

So happy for you my beautiful friend. You are mum to two beautiful children and so much has happened where you've had to dig deeeeeep and trust.
I love the sorbet photo: JOY.
Love Rubi's "too cool" moves. Too cool!

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Wow, I love that you were able to go and celebrate the closing of this chapter in your lives. And cool that you were able to design their clinic too. Your journey and your faith will have touched all those lives around you more than you know xx

Cat said...

OMGosh
awesome awesome awesome
so beautiful
all of it
God is so good
yours is such a happy ending.....
now to a new chapter♥

love and light

Simoney said...

Oh my gosh
tears in my eyes and goosebumps from head to foot
God truly is SO GOOD.
thankyou Jesus.
Love you guys so much
xxx

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful post - I love that you went back to say your goodbyes, bet the staff thought that was pretty precious also!

God is good!

grace said...

Oh Sammy this is so encouraging. I'm going through a tough time with my faith and was so low this morning, till I read this post and saw His faithfulness in your life. Thanks for sharing your journey

grace said...

You are such an encouragement to me Sammy, and a bright reminder that God will come through for His children Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...