Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tired


I am so tired. Emotionally drained without any reserves . Am I supposed to feel this way at this stage- 32 weeks? Is it part of pregnancy? I have no idea.


There's been so much going on. An emotional earthquake has ripped through my sweet little business and there are massive changes to come. In my personal life I tried to please someone and ended up pleasing no-one with the consequences unexpected. Anyone been there? And there seem to be more friend and family tangles coming.


I am so tired. I keep wanting calmer waters but don't see any in sight.


A verse keeps running though my head and I know it's for me from Him. "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- I'll show you how to do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matt 11:28


There's no real answer except what is found in Him. Life does not slow down and there is no typical rest period for us pre-baby. This is what we have and I know we can do it, with grace and ease. The way and the answer are found in Him.


post signature

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hey Sammy, I'm sorry to hear things are so full-on! Especially when baby is growing so rapidly at this stage!!

I had revelation recently about God holding me in the fire. It's not always nice, or comfortable, and it's confronting ... He knows how much we can handle.

I pray and hope that you will find rest in the storm and that it passes quickly.x

Helen said...

Hi Sammy,
I remember feeling very emotional at times in the last few weeks of my first pregnancy. It seemed I had waited so long, and should be just looking forward to having my new baby, but...it wasn't always like that! Life goes on, with its challenges and stresses.I hated feeling so tired and up and down. I think I lessened it most by not trying to be a heroine, and leaning on those who cared.

I am reading a fantastic book at the moment, so inspiring, and I just found it in the library."This is Not the Life I Ordered" is the name of it. Recommend it.

Helen Keller wrote some great things such as, "through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and fight restored". Do press on and in:)

Praying for you, Helen

Simoney said...

Hey Sammy... I hope that I didn't add to your confusion???
We are REALLY SOOOOO all sorted. No issues here. Me and Penny looking forward to the combined party AND that you can come and I'M stoked I can be there for YOUR Baby Shower (which was my main concern anyway, cos I luv you, you silly moo)

Anyway... yes it's totally normal to feel completely drained at 32-weeks pregnant with or without business upsets and friends/family dramas.

Sorry if I added to that at all.
xxx

Jodi said...

Hang in there Sammy!

I love that picture on this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...