Sunday, May 2, 2010

38 weeks and 1 day

Well, here I am. In a place I never expected to be. A place I had died to and surrendered. I carry a baby that will survive if born now. Now. This moment.



I am full. Replete.



She reminds me of her individual presence contantly. Squirming, moving and shuffling. I press a little elbow or knee back and she moves. She hiccups and jumps at her brothers noises. She is her own little person. Unique and created in the image of God.



I am waiting to meet her now. And I am not impatient. As God breathed life into a cluster of cells and watched over her as she grew, He will guard her journey to the start of her days on earth. His timing is perfect.



I am so grateful.



AND!



The apple of my eye is 18 months old today! He is cute, loving, tender, determined, methodical, reserved and I love every last bit of him.



In early July 2008 we stood at my father-in-law's funeral and talked about the loss of that man. We opened up in front of 500 odd people about our struggle with infertility. We would never ever have guessed that in under two years we would have two children. It's hard to believe when you are in pain, but God is truly the restorer. He has restored the years that the locusts ate.



And I will be eternally grateful.











post signature

4 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

wonderful! enjoy the last few days of the pregnancy... lots of good, sweet days to come! :)

Gail said...

Truely awesome Sammy. Just fabulous. God is so Good.

Tea said...

*That's beautiful Sammy*

Simoney said...

Beautiful
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...