Friday, April 22, 2011

Selfless



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

As Christians we talk on and on about God's love. Sometimes it gets a bit ho-hum. Sort of loses itself.

But when I stop to think about it, truly think, it takes my breath away. God's love is like a fire, all consuming. And like a fire, it's unstoppable. It burns through boundaries, walls and stumbling blocks. It literally sets the world on fire.

Only with that kind of love could He contemplate allowing His son to die for others. For us, you and me. I have to admit, I could not let Rupi die for someone else. Even thinking that makes me cringe. The hard ugly truth is that I simply could not.

But He did. And Jesus willingly allowed Himself to be nailed to a piece of wood so you and I could know Him.

It blows my mind.

Thank you Jesus. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so selfless and so loving.


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...