Sunday, July 17, 2011

Right now


Isn't it amazing how we sudden happenly upon encouragement? And they say there isn't a God.. HA I tell you!!!

These two blog posts have really encouraged me over the last week. One is by Beth Moore (I die. My hero.) She has this tangent in this post which really isn't a tangent for me, but such an encouragement. About being a non-dependable friend. Which is what I am at times and it kills me. Crazy how a tangent from one person is the God breathed encouragement for another. (And please ignore my slightly ranting comment at the end of this post- if by chance you are one of those people who reads the comments at the end of a post. I may be alone in this madness.)

And the other is from another working Mom, Kristen. Love this girl and her honesty (plus she's an adoptive Mommy). Being a WAHM (work at home mom) is the hardest thing ever and I feel such guilt that I find it hard. But wait! Beth Moore & Kristen have gone through what I am going through and that's encouragement enough for me. I am not alone.

God's word lately is NOW. I find myself asking myself at points during the day, "how is this moment?" "How are you here right now?" And most of the time, this moment is good. The next hour and the evening to come and the tomorrow may hold too much for my little life's jar but now is good. And somehow when I get to there, in an hour or a night or a day, God is also there before me and His Grace is sufficient and I am generally fine in that moment too.

Because I am so aware that this time is fleeting. My little miracles won't be little for too much longer and I don't want this season to have been about struggle. They are too precious for that and deserve so much more. I want this season to have been real (and hard) but joyous and amazing. So I find myself asking my soul "How are you NOW?" And I love that 9 times out of 10, my soul is good.

34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 (MSG)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cat said...

I hear you !! !!
Just this moment I told Mr B that I honestly believe some days people would take my 'job' more seriously if I left the home!
But my darlings, my precious miracle babies are too important for me to leave the home so I juggle and every now and again you will also hear me complaining .. .. .. and before you know it they've been at school a year and are about to turn 6! WOW where did that time go?
Bless you - you are doing good!! !! great even!! !!

Anonymous said...

I so understand this. I've actually got a post going up tomorrow about it. It's so hard when you're in it though, that all consuming-ness when they're small. Isn't Beth Moore amazing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...