Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blue eyes


Happy birthday my darling little girl!

Today you are one year old! A whole 12 months old!

You are the "pure unmerited favour of God" in every single way. You bring light and joy into our family. I have loved you utterly & completely from the moment I laid eyes on you (even though the first thing you did was poo on me... and things have not changed since then!)

I am smitten by you, little girl.

You are optimistic and always upbeat. Despite what life is throwing at you, you remain cheerful. How you do it, I do not know. But through it all, you smile and giggle. I love that about you.

You are my pearl and your Daddy's princess. He already tells you how pretty you are and I think you understand. You are simply beautiful. One day we'll teach you about beauty on the inside but for now all you need to know is that you are gorgeous.

When you are not in the room life seems flatter somehow. You bring colour into our world and life is brighter and clearer when you are near. You are so cuddly and affectionate and I love to hold you. I love how you grab hold of me and live up to the nickname of "Claws".

Even though you are a toddler now, I would still like to rock you before you go to sleep. I will do it for as long as you'll let me. Please may it be until I can't hold you up any longer!

Little C G (today I can't call you Blossom) I love you from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. With all that I am, I love you.

Happy Birthday darling, love your Mama


Photobucket

4 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful words Sammy. For some reason your photo looks a bit soft though, when I click on it I can see it is beautifully sharp. Gorgeous photo!

Amy said...

So precious.

Elizabeth said...

Wiping the tears as I type this! A little blessing indeed!

Anonymous said...

She is stunning. What a beautiful post, Sammy. I can always hear your love and gratitude for your kids coming through in your writing - your blog is beautiful to read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...