Thursday, May 12, 2011

Victory!



Last Sunday was Mother Day. My third one. This one was different. The first one was utter relief and emotion, the second was about celebrating pregnancy. This one was pure victory. The barren girl stood there with two children. I wanted to shout with praise!

I love this passage of Scripture. I have experienced childbirth but naturally I should not have. I am barren. Yet I have a lineage established. I have children, the wonderful amazing blessing of children! I also love how this passage talks about the humiliations of my youth being forgotten. I found infertility so humiliating and that pain has been redeemed. God is so good!


"Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. 
   Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth!
You're ending up with far more children 
   than all those childbearing women." God says so!
"Clear lots of ground for your tents! 
   Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!
Use plenty of rope, 
   drive the tent pegs deep.
You're going to need lots of elbow room 
   for your growing family.
You're going to take over whole nations; 
   you're going to resettle abandoned cities.
Don't be afraid—you're not going to be embarrassed. 
   Don't hold back—you're not going to come up short.
You'll forget all about the humiliations of your youth.... Isaiah 54: 1-6 (part of)


His promises are Yes and Amen!

P.S. And Dida gets 100% for "helping" Rupi and Cate with their Mothers Days gift- a spa treatment!!!! The best ever!!!!! Woohoo!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tea said...

I'm so glad you're feeling the victory, Sammy! I know what you mean about the humiliation. Mother's day is kind of weird for me..I don't know...

Widge said...

LOVE the photos Sammy. They are beautiful!
So thrilled for you for your third mothers day with your two gorgeous babies.
That verse is amazing

Elizabeth said...

Love the family portrait, and love the verses! Yay for victory!

grace said...

sammy you are such a blessing and an encourager, happy mother's day!!!

Christine said...

Hi, I just found your blog.. I appreciate your honesty in your journey to becoming a Mum! I'm glad you were able to celebrate this year with 2 little loves! We are currently trying for our second with infertility issues. It's really draining huh? Ours is nowhere as difficult as yours but I'm so glad to have found you!!! Give those cute kids of yours an extra big cuddle.. they are well loved!!!

Christine @ meinasnap.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...