Saturday, April 19, 2008

Choices postscript

This week my amazing younger sister gave birth to her first child. He's gorgeous. Someone asked me if I was ok about it and my response was that I choose to be ok. It seems funny to be asked that as I really don't have much of an option. I do have a choice but if I am to carry on and be a semi-normal human being, then I have to choose to be ok. And making that choice by faith brings God's grace into the situation. Yes it was hard to see little Ben initially, but not as hard as it's been in the past. And that's progress! It doesn't mean that there was no pain at being childless and grief rose up and slapped me in the face on Thursday night, but it was small and temporary. I was with amazing women who prayed for me there and then and God really spoke to me. I hold onto these incredible words as I choose to be ok by faith:
I wait quietly before God
for my hope is in Him
he alone is my rock and my salvation
my fortress where I will not be shaken
My salvation and my honor come from God alone
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. Psalm 62: 5-7
P.S. The friend asking me if I was ok asked it in love and was just checking and giving me an opening to talk about it and I appreciate their question. xx

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...