Sunday, April 27, 2008

My definition

I refuse to be defined by infertility. Victory in this area is not our ultimate goal. We have to have more than the goal of victory in this area- Christ alone has to define me. I should never focus on the achievement of one goal, however good.

Paul talk about pressing onwards towards the Christ and the goal of finishing well. If I am too centred on one goal, when I achieve it, I set myself up for disaster as what do I have then? A nothing or a hollowness. The stats talk about the high percentage of IVF women who suffer from post natal depression. That's because they have been focused on this one goal for so long and poured so much energy into it, that when they achieve it, they have nothing afterwards.

Christ alone defines me- He is my goal. Nothing less.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...