Friday, November 5, 2010

A bump


There's been a lot about this little girls big brother over the last little while but she's having a big week too.


She's been diagnosed as having a relatively severe intolerance to lactose. Poor mite. I got the doctor to do an allergy test as things were not quite right. A whole lot of ongoing unpleasant physical symptoms just didn't add up to whatever the doctor was saying- virus, cold, change of season etc etc.


It all makes sense now. But as those who are familiar with intolerances would know, it's not instantly fixed with a course of pills. And I want it fixed NOW as my little girl is uncomfortanble and sore.


The naturapath has her on 3 different formulas (soy, goat milk and lactose free whey-based) and they rotate with one day on each one. This is so that she doesn't get used to one and start reacting to it, as far as I understand.


Blossom is such a honey and just accepts all these new tastes. And even though she's been in such discomfort she's such a happy baby and sleeps really well. Argh. Just want her to feel better as the last 5 months must have been quite hard for her physically!


This is just a bump in the road but a stinker. All the foods that Rupi loved are out of her reach- yoghurt, baby rusks, custards etc. It's relatively easy now but I am not sure what to do when she gets older. So...any other ideas? Is anyone living with this or with someone who is?


Any advice would be much appreciated...!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Tea said...

Poor Blossom. :(
I'm so glad you were able to figure out what's been bothering her. I don't have any experience with this.. other than our son can't handle very much cheese, but I'm sure that's not the same..
I hope you're able to find some good solutions. <3

Penny said...

Yes poor Blossom! Will pray she outgrows it soon. And that you get some great advice x

These Three Kings said...

I am praying!!!!

meg said...

Oh Sammy that really sucks. Our Reuben (almost 5 now) has a life threatening allergy to cows milk. He started regularly vomiting his formula around 6months but nothing showed up in the skin prick tests till a whole year later. Email me if you want sometime? I know all the dairy free stuff x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...